Work with Chromatic Theatre!
Now Hiring: Artistic Director
- 20-25 hours per work week (or equivalent in a *Results-Only-Work-Environment)
- Report to the board of directors
- $20,000 per year
- Start Date: September 2022, or as negotiated
*Staff are encouraged to self-determine working hours and styles in alignment with shared goals and deliverables that are mutually defined and agreed upon.
About the Position
The Artistic Director is a new paid position at Chromatic Theatre that aims to support and provide compensation for the leadership necessary for the company at its current state of growth. Chromatic Theatre is moving away from being a founder-driven organization at a unique time. We value cultivating creativity and community, and we are looking for something that will understand the importance of leading with care, compassion, cultural-humility, and be prepared to honour the needs of our ever-shifting community with rigor, thoughtfulness and accountability.
We envision that this position will grow into a full time position or a shared leadership position in the coming years. We are open to receiving applications from candidates at a variety of stages in their careers – including co-applicants. Our current Artistic Director Jenna has the capacity to help the job transition to the end of 2022, should that be of interest to candidates. It is important that we carry forward the positive energy and momentum of Chromatic Theatre as it transitions to its next chapter.
Please read or download the full job description below
We are currently seeking volunteers for our Board of Directors!
Chromatic Theatre is growing it’s Board of Directors. We are seeking energized, passionate supporters of the arts to join our dedicated team.
- Our organization is the only theatre company dedicated to producing and developing work by and for ethnoculturally diverse people in Calgary. Not only do we develop and produce full productions, but we spend a great deal of time community building for diverse artists.
Here are some of the qualities we are seeking (though we do not expect any single person to embody all of these skillsets):
- People with experience in marketing/communications, the not-for-profit sector, or the financial sector.
- The desire to help a great organization grow strategically
- Previous governance experience (though first-timers are welcome, too!)
- The drive and ability to help grow an organization’s financial independence. We are positioned to grow and welcome creativity and entrepreneurial ideas!
- Experience in strategic planning
Board members are elected for two-year terms, and executive members are elected annually. We meet approximately 6 times per year. We are looking for Board members who are excited about work in culturally diverse communities, who enjoy working as part of a team, and can commit to approximately 25 hours per year.
If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.