Call for Applications – IBPOC* Playwrights Unit
Chromatic Theatre is very excited to announce that we are launching our very own Playwrights Unit.
At Chromatic Theatre we are dedicated to developing and supporting work by and for the wide breadth of cultural diversity that exists in our city. We are excited to launch a Playwrights Unit that will bring together IBPOC playwrights from across the city of Calgary, with the aim of strengthening our community, and investing in new Canadian plays.
We are looking for IBPOC playwrights from Calgary and surrounding areas, of all levels of experience.
As a part of the Chromatic Theatre Playwright’s Unit, you will:
- Attend one group meet and greet in February
- Attend a total of four group workshops between February – June 2020.
- Receive up to three one-on-one dramaturgical sessions with Jenna Rodgers
- A workshop of your script with an ensemble of actors in June 2020
- A public showcase of an excerpt from your script, performed by an ensemble of actors. Artistic Directors from the Calgary community will be invited to this showcase.
- An honorarium of $500
Applications must include:
- A one-page statement of interest, describing why you would like to participate, and the project you’re currently working on (or envisioning)
- Your CV
- A writing sample that is a maximum of 20 pages. If you are new to playwriting, a writing sample from other mediums (essays, short stories, poetry, etc.) is acceptable.
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Please send applications to Jenna Rodgers, Artistic Director: email@example.com
*IBPOC stands for Indigenous, Black, and Persons of Colour. You can read more about the origins of this term here.