The wait is over! Here is our #YYCTheatreStats of the 2019/2020 season.
#YYCTheatreStats was created by Jenna Rodgers and Kristen Padayas with inspiration from Sam Jeffery’s #YEGTheatreStats. These stats were created two years ago in order to shine a light on how many IBPOC folx (Indigenous, Black, Person of Colour) were hired in the Calgary theatre community.
Acknowledging that COVID-19 ground our theatre community to a halt, these statistics encapsulate information collected from shows that opened between September 2019 to mid-March 2020. We would like to send out our thanks to everyone who helped us compile these stats whether it be acquiring programs for us or sending in corrections! We have put our data* in the form of some charts for your viewing:
1) Cast Analysis of IBPOC hired per company
2) Creative Analysis of IBPOC hired per company
3) Combined Cast and Creative Analysis of IBPOC hired per company
4) Monthly Averages of Cast and Creative IBPOC hired
5) Shows with the Highest Amount of IBPOC hired
6) Shows with the Lowest Amount of IBPOC hired
*This data does not include information beyond perceived and indicated race.
Graphs and Charts created by Dan Dobranski