After the success of its first year, Chromatic Theatre is looking for IBPOC writers for our second annual Playwrights Unit.
At Chromatic Theatre we are dedicated to developing and supporting work by and for the wide breadth of cultural diversity that exists in our province. We are excited for the second iteration of our Playwrights Unit that will bring together IBPOC playwrights from across the province of Alberta, with the aim of strengthening our community, and investing in new Canadian plays.
We are looking for IBPOC playwrights of all levels of experience.
As a part of the Chromatic Theatre Playwrights Unit, you will:
- Attend one digital group meet and greet in January 2021
- Attend a total of six group workshops between February – August 2021
- Receive up to five one-on-one dramaturgical sessions with Kodie Rollan
- Receive a workshop of your script with an ensemble of actors in September 2021
- Build community with other IBPOC writers
- Attend optional monthly cohort meetings
- Receive a one-on-one meeting with an artistic mentor of your choice
- Receive a public, online reading of your script, performed by an ensemble of professional actors. Artistic Directors from the Calgary community will be invited to this showcase.
- Receive an honorarium of $500.
Applications must include:
- A statement of interest, up to one-page in length, describing why you would like to participate, and the project you’re currently working on (or envisioning)
- Your CV
- A writing sample that is a maximum of 20 pages. If you are new to playwriting, a writing sample from other mediums (essays, short stories, poetry, etc.) is acceptable
Deadline: December 4, 2020
Please send applications to Kristen Padayas, Associate Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org